POSTING DATE: July 25, 2017
POSTING REMOVAL DATE: August 8, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Submit application to Human Resources by close of business August 8, 2017
• Assist applicants with their consumer lending needs, analyze loan requests and make credit recommendations based on lending policy. Demonstrate expertise in completing transactions via internet and other electronic channels in order to streamline the process of obtaining funds for business and personal loans. Maintains a high level of member service and professionalism at all times. Typically, has more than 2 years of experience and has lending goals
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processes loan and membership applications via phone and internet channels by interviewing and educating applicants to obtain pertinent financial and credit data to determine whether a loan will be an acceptable risk based on borrower’s financial situation.
• Recommends additional products and services that will benefit applicants and contribute to department and credit union success and growth.
• Works with support operations areas (underwriting, branches, quality control, etc.) to ensure preparation and processing of loans and accounts are completed timely and accurately.
• Must comply with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Two to five years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required to be an effective subject matter expert in the position. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature is a normal part of the day-to-day experience. Communications can involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance
ASE is currently accepting resumes and applications for a Financial Services Representative. This person will assist members with their consumer lending needs, analyze loan requests and recommend approving or denying loans. They will also assist members with opening and closing accounts and explain services. A high school education or equivalent is required along with two to five years of similar or related experience.
We offer a generous benefits package which includes Blue Cross health insurance, 401k Pension Plan, Defined Benefit Plan, Company paid Life insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, vacation and sick leave and holidays.
ASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Direct applications, resumés, and inquiries to our HR Department, at email@example.com.
ASE Credit Union
P.O. Box 231150
Montgomery, AL 36123-1150